Auditions for Into the Woods
Download: HYT Audition Sheet
INTO THE WOODS
Directed by Kelly Monaghan
Music Directed by Stacy Bolton
Auditions for anyone in grades 1-12:
- Tuesday, August 22– open call beginning at 6:00 pm, must be there by 8 pm to be seen
- Wednesday, August 23 – open call beginning at 6:00 pm, must be there by 8 pm to be seen
Please note: If you are not available to audition on either of these dates please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Callbacks – by invitation only on Thursday, August 24
Location for auditions: Wiley Middle School Auditorium, 2181 Miramar Boulevard, University Heights 44118
Rehearsal and performances will be held at Wiley Middle School Auditorium, 2181 Miramar Boulevard, University Heights 44118
Casting Information: All roles are available. HYT is committed to non-traditional casting. Actors will be cast solely on the basis of talent, except in cases where age, race or physical ability is essential to a role.
Please note: Into the Woods contains mature content. Also, for this show, Heights Youth Theatre will only cast 40 children in grades 1-5. These children will make up the ensemble for the show. Thank you for your understanding!
WHAT TO PREPARE:
- One selection in the style of the show up to a minute in length (ie- one verse and one chorus).
- Accompanist provided (no acapella singing) Bring complete sheet music.
- Please learn the following lyrics from Into the Woods (we will help you practice a little before you sing alone) – Understanding the words you are singing is a huge bonus. Parents, we encourage you to explain the lyrics to your kids before they audition.
Into the Woods,
It’s time to go,
I hate to leave,
I have to, though.
Into the Woods
It’s time, and so
I must begin my journey.
Everyone please bring headshot or photo (Resume optional) and fill out the audition form, found at the top of this page, prior to coming to audition.
We will be looking for the following when you audition:
- Ability to sing consistently on pitch and with expression
- Solid sense of beat and rhythm
- Overall preparation (knowledge of song and self-presentation)
- Positive Behavior
Rehearsals begin Monday, August 28. Rehearsals will be Monday – Friday, 5:00-8:00 or 8:30 pm. You will not be called every day, only when you are needed to work. Attendance at ALL tech week rehearsals as well as all performances is mandatory.
- Friday, October 20 & 27, 7 PM
- Saturday, October 21 & 28, 2 PM
- Sunday, October 22 & 29, 2 PM