Audition info for Mary Poppins
Download: HYT Audition Sheet
Directed by Kelly Monaghan
Music Directed by Stacy Bolton
Auditions will be held on:
- Tuesday, August 27, 6-8 PM with location to be confirmed shortly
- Wednesday, August 28, 6-8 PM with location to be confirmed shortly
Callbacks will be held on August 29, 6-9 PM by invitation only
If you are not called back, please know that does not mean you are not cast.
Please note: If you are not available to audition on this date please e-mail email@example.com.
Rehearsal and performances will be held at:
Monticello Middle School Auditorium, 3665 Monticello Boulevard, Cleveland Heights, Ohio 44121
Casting Information: All roles are available. HYT is committed to non-traditional casting. Actors will be cast solely on the basis of talent, except in cases where age, race or physical ability is essential to a role.
WHAT TO PREPARE:
- One selection in the style of the show up to a minute in length (ie- one verse and one chorus).
- Accompanist provided (no acapella singing) Bring complete sheet music.
- Please learn the lyrics from “The Perfect Nanny”. We will help you practice a little before you sing alone – Understanding the words you are singing is a huge bonus. Parents, we encourage you to explain the lyrics to your kids before they audition.
To listen to the song go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNTzp9grp2Q
If you want this choice position
Have a cheery disposition
Rosy cheeks, no warts, play games, all sorts
You must be kind, you must be witty
Very sweet and fairly pretty
Take us on outings give us treats
Sing songs, bring sweets
Everyone please bring headshot or photo (Resume optional) and fill out the audition form, found at the top of this page, prior to coming to audition. Also, please list all conflicts on the audition form or come prepared with your conflicts to complete a form at auditions.
We will be looking for the following when you audition:
- Ability to sing consistently on pitch and with expression
- A solid sense of beat and rhythm
- Overall preparation (knowledge of song and self-presentation)
- Positive Behavior
Rehearsals will begin Tuesday, September 3. Rehearsals will be Monday – Friday, 5:00-8:30 pm. Please note there will be a few Saturday rehearsals for principal characters only. You will not be called every day, only when you are needed to work. Attendance at ALL tech week rehearsals, sitzprobe on October 13 (where the orchestra and cast will play and sing through the show) , as well as all performances, is mandatory.
- Friday, October 18 & 25, 7 PM
- Saturday, October 19 & 26, 2 PM
- Sunday, October 20 & 27, 2 PM
*subject to change