Audition info for Seussical
Download: HYT Audition Sheet
Directed by Treva Offutt
Music Directed by Stacy Bolton
Auditions for Wednesday, January 30 have been canceled due to dangerously low temperatures.
We will be holding auditions and callbacks on Thursday, January 31. They will be held at Lyndhurst Community Presbyterian Church, 5312 Mayfield Rd, Cleveland, OH 44124 in the main building. Entrance is in the back of the building on the south end between the two large buildings along the sidewalk and courtyard.
Auditions will be from 6:00 – 7:00 pm. You will need to arrive by 7:00 PM to be seen for an audition.
If you audition on Thursday, please be prepared to stay for a callback. Callbacks will go until 9:00 or 9:30 PM. Callbacks will begin as soon as everyone is seen for auditions.
If you are not called back, please know that does not mean you are not cast.
Please note: If you are not available to audition on this date please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rehearsal and performances will be held at:
Heights Middle School Auditorium, 2181 Miramar Boulevard, University Heights 44118
Casting Information: All roles are available. HYT is committed to non-traditional casting. Actors will be cast solely on the basis of talent, except in cases where age, race or physical ability is essential to a role.
WHAT TO PREPARE:
- One selection in the style of the show up to a minute in length (ie- one verse and one chorus).
- Accompanist provided (no acapella singing) Bring complete sheet music.
- Please learn the following lyrics from Havin’ A Hunch (we will help you practice a little before you sing alone) – Understanding the words you are singing is a huge bonus. Parents, we encourage you to explain the lyrics to your kids before they audition.
Have you ever had a hunch you should follow your nose.
Then you have a sudden hunch you should follow your toes.
Soon a sneaky hunch is whispering better go straight.
And before you know it oh it’s so late late late late.
Everyone please bring headshot or photo (Resume optional) and fill out the audition form, found at the top of this page, prior to coming to audition. Also, please list all conflicts on the audition form or come prepared with your conflicts to complete a form at auditions.
We will be looking for the following when you audition:
- Ability to sing consistently on pitch and with expression
- A solid sense of beat and rhythm
- Overall preparation (knowledge of song and self-presentation)
- Positive Behavior
Rehearsals will begin Monday, February 4. Rehearsals will be Monday – Friday, 5:00-8:30 pm. Please note there will be a few Saturday rehearsals for principal characters only. You will not be called every day, only when you are needed to work. Attendance at ALL tech week rehearsals, sitzprobe on March 10, as well as all performances, is mandatory.
- Friday, March 15 & 22, 7 PM
- Saturday, March 16 & 23, 2 PM
- Sunday, March 17 & 24, 2 PM