Audition info for Guys and Dolls
Download: HYT Audition Sheet
GUYS AND DOLLS
Directed by Kelly Monaghan
Music Directed by Stacy Bolton
Auditions for anyone in grades 1-12:
- Tuesday, August 28 – open call beginning at 6:00 pm, must be there by 8 pm to be seen
- Wednesday, August 29 – open call beginning at 6:00 pm, must be there by 8 pm to be seen*
Please note: If you are not available to audition on either of these dates please e-mail [email protected]
Callbacks – by invitation only on Thursday, August 30
Location for auditions:
Tuesday, August 28 – Heights Middle School Auditorium, 2181 Miramar Boulevard, University Heights 44118
Wednesday, August 29 – Lyndhurst Community Presbyterian Church, 5312 Mayfield Rd, Cleveland, OH 44124 in Bloomfield Hall (building on the back of the parking lot)
Rehearsal and performances will be held at:
Heights Middle School Auditorium, 2181 Miramar Boulevard, University Heights 44118
Casting Information: All roles are available. HYT is committed to non-traditional casting. Actors will be cast solely on the basis of talent, except in cases where age, race or physical ability is essential to a role.
WHAT TO PREPARE:
- One selection in the style of the show up to a minute in length (ie- one verse and one chorus).
- Accompanist provided (no acapella singing) Bring complete sheet music.
- Please learn the following lyrics below from The Happy Ending (Finale). We will help you practice a little before you sing alone. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO4bZxL97O4 (at .29 seconds)
When you see a guy reach for stars in the sky
You can bet that he’s doing it for some doll
When you spot a John waiting out in the rain
Chances are he’s insane as only a John can be for a Jane
Everyone please bring headshot or photo (Resume optional) and fill out the audition form, found at the top of this page, prior to coming to audition. Also, please list all conflicts on the audition form or come prepared with your conflicts to complete a form at auditions.
We will be looking for the following when you audition:
- Ability to sing consistently on pitch and with expression
- A solid sense of beat and rhythm
- Overall preparation (knowledge of song and self-presentation)
- Positive Behavior
- Please bring a headshot or photo (Resume optional) and fill out the audition form, found at the top of this page, prior to coming to audition.
Rehearsals begin Wednesday, September 5th. Rehearsals will be Monday – Friday, 5:00-8:00 or 8:30 pm. You will not be called every day, only when you are needed to work. Attendance at ALL tech week rehearsals, sitzprobe on October 14, as well as all performances, is mandatory.
- Friday, October 19 & 26, 7 PM
- Saturday, October 20 & 27, 2 PM
- Sunday, October 21 & 28, 2 PM