Audition info for Little Shop of Horrors
Download: HYT Audition Sheet
LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS
Directed by Eugene Sumlin
Music Directed by Stacy Bolton
Auditions for anyone in grades 1-12:
- Monday, October 29 – open call beginning at 6:00 pm, must be there by 8 pm to be seen
- Tuesday, October 30 – open call beginning at 6:00 pm, must be there by 8 pm to be seen*
Please note: If you are not available to audition on either of these dates please e-mail email@example.com.
Callbacks – by invitation only on Thursday, November 1
Location for auditions: Heights Middle School Auditorium, 2181 Miramar Boulevard, University Heights 44118
Rehearsal and performances will be held at:
Heights Middle School Auditorium, 2181 Miramar Boulevard, University Heights 44118
Casting Information: All roles are available. HYT is committed to non-traditional casting. Actors will be cast solely on the basis of talent, except in cases where age, race or physical ability is essential to a role.
WHAT TO PREPARE:
- One selection in the style of the show up to a minute in length (ie- one verse and one chorus).
- Accompanist provided (no acapella singing) Bring complete sheet music.
- Please learn the following lyrics below from Grow for Me. We will help you practice a little before you sing alone. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL6oGckYt7c (at .20 seconds)
I’ve given you sunshine, I’ve given you dirt
You’ve given me nothin’, but heartache and hurt
I’m beggin’ you sweetly, I’m down on my knees
Oh please, grow for me.
Please bring headshot or photo (Resume optional) and fill out the audition form, found at the top of this page, prior to coming to audition. Also, please list all conflicts on the audition form or come prepared with your conflicts to complete a form at auditions.
We will be looking for the following when you audition:
- Ability to sing consistently on pitch and with expression
- A solid sense of beat and rhythm
- Overall preparation (knowledge of song and self-presentation)
- Positive Behavior
- Please bring a headshot or photo (Resume optional) and fill out the audition form, found at the top of this page, prior to coming to audition.
Rehearsals begin Monday, November 12th. Rehearsals will be Monday – Friday, 5:00-8:00 or 8:30 pm. A few rehearsals will start at 4 PM for principal roles only. You will not be called every day, only when you are needed to work. Attendance at ALL tech week rehearsals, sitzprobe on January 13, as well as all performances, is mandatory.
- Friday, January 18 & 25, 7 PM
- Saturday, January 19 & 26, 2 PM
- Sunday, January 20 & 27, 2 PM