Audition info for Matilda
Download: HYT Audition Sheet
Directed by Treva Offutt
Music Directed by Stacy Bolton
Auditions will be held on:
- Friday, January 3, 11:30 AM – 3:30 PM, Lyndhurst Community Presbyterian Church, 5312 Mayfield Rd, Cleveland, OH 44124 (Bloomfield Hall)
Callbacks will be held on January 12 , 6-9 PM by invitation only
If you are not called back, please know that does not mean you are not cast.
Please note: If you are not available to audition on this date please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rehearsal and performances will be held at:
Monticello Middle School Auditorium, 3665 Monticello Boulevard, Cleveland Heights, Ohio 44121
Casting Information: All roles are available. HYT is committed to non-traditional casting. Actors will be cast solely on the basis of talent, except in cases where age, race or physical ability is essential to a role.
WHAT TO PREPARE:
- One selection in the style of the show up to a minute in length (ie- one verse and one chorus).
- Accompanist provided (no acapella singing) Bring complete sheet music.
- Please learn the lyric below to “When I Grow Up”. We will help you practice a little before you sing alone – Understanding the words you are singing is a huge bonus. Parents, we encourage you to explain the lyrics to your kids before they audition. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96JDkI2tBhI (go to :53 seconds)
And I will wake up
when the sun comes up and I will watch cartoons until my eyes go square
and I won’t care cos I”ll be all grown up
when I grow up
Everyone please bring a headshot or photo (Resume optional) and fill out the audition form, found at the top of this page, prior to coming to audition. Also, please list all conflicts on the audition form or come prepared with your conflicts to complete a form at auditions.
We will be looking for the following when you audition:
- Ability to sing consistently on pitch and with expression
- A solid sense of beat and rhythm
- Overall preparation (knowledge of song and self-presentation)
- Positive Behavior
Rehearsals will begin Tuesday, January 28. Rehearsals will be Monday – Friday, 5:00-8:30 pm. Please note there may be a few Saturday rehearsals for principal characters only. You will not be called every day, only when you are needed to work.
Attendance at ALL tech week rehearsals, sitzprobe on March 7 (where the orchestra and cast will play and sing through the show), as well as all performances, is mandatory. Tech week begins March 8th – 12th)
- Friday, March 13 & 20, 7 PM
- Saturday, March 14 & 21, 2 PM
- Sunday, March 15 & 22, 2 PM