Audition info for Once on This Island
Download: HYT Audition Sheet
ONCE ON THIS ISLAND
Directed by Eugene Sumlin
Music Directed by Stacy Bolton
Auditions will be held on:
- Monday, October 28, 6-8 PM, Monticello Middle School Auditorium, 3665 Monticello Boulevard, Cleveland Heights, Ohio 44121
- Tuesday, October 29, 6-8 PM, Monticello Middle School Auditorium, 3665 Monticello Boulevard, Cleveland Heights, Ohio 44121
Callbacks will be held on October 30, 6-9 PM by invitation only
If you are not called back, please know that does not mean you are not cast.
Please note: If you are not available to audition on this date please e-mail email@example.com.
Rehearsal and performances will be held at:
Monticello Middle School Auditorium, 3665 Monticello Boulevard, Cleveland Heights, Ohio 44121
Casting Information: All roles are available. HYT is committed to non-traditional casting. Actors will be cast solely on the basis of talent, except in cases where age, race or physical ability is essential to a role.
WHAT TO PREPARE:
- One selection in the style of the show up to a minute in length (ie- one verse and one chorus).
- Accompanist provided (no acapella singing) Bring complete sheet music.
- Please learn the lyric below to “Why We Tell the Story”. We will help you practice a little before you sing alone – Understanding the words you are singing is a huge bonus. Parents, we encourage you to explain the lyrics to your kids before they audition.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON1gtzdEiwM (go to 2:07)
So I hope that you will tell this tale tomorrow
It will help your heart remember and relive
It will help you feel the anger and the sorrow
Everyone please bring a headshot or photo (Resume optional) and fill out the audition form, found at the top of this page, prior to coming to audition. Also, please list all conflicts on the audition form or come prepared with your conflicts to complete a form at auditions.
We will be looking for the following when you audition:
- Ability to sing consistently on pitch and with expression
- A solid sense of beat and rhythm
- Overall preparation (knowledge of song and self-presentation)
- Positive Behavior
Rehearsals will begin Monday, November 4. Rehearsals will be Monday – Friday, 5:00-8:30 pm. Please note there will be a few Saturday rehearsals for principal characters only. You will not be called every day, only when you are needed to work.
Attendance at ALL tech week rehearsals, sitzprobe on January 12 (where the orchestra and cast will play and sing through the show), as well as all performances, is mandatory. Tech week begins January 12th-16th
- Friday, January 17 & 24, 7 PM
- Saturday, January 18 & 25, 2 PM
- Sunday, January 19 & 26, 2 PM
*subject to change