65+ Years and Counting!
For over sixty-five years, we have broadened our educational outreach, expanded our performance partners/sponsors, and accomplished a great deal including:
- Produced close to 200 musicals with participation from over 8,000 children.
- Partnered with area schools including Cleveland Heights-University Heights Schools, Hawken School, and Laurel School, collaborated with local organizations/businesses like BottleHouse Brewery, Cain Park, Nighttown, and PlayhouseSquare and engaged new sponsors such as Susan Delaney (Howard Hanna), WKYC Studios, Woodland Design Company, and Robert Zimmer (Keller Williams) to name a few.
Each Season takes a village!
- Each show we cast roughly 65 students representing a variety of communities in Greater Cleveland.
- We employ over 25 professional directors, musicians, designers, and stage managers each season!
- Over 90% of our technical crews are students guided by our team of professional stage managers and designers.
- Over 2500 patrons walk through our doors each season.
Why should I donate to HYT?
Because each show costs about $35,000 to produce and we continue to strive to make this an affordable creative outlet for our young people.
At HYT, the young people are directed by dedicated, talented theater professionals in a an environment that fosters character development, increased empathy, and an inclusive community for young people. Furthermore, young people are exposed to the fundamentals of stagecraft as they learn the art of performance, community, compassion, and teamwork.
Impact COVID-19 had on Heights Youth Theatre
The postponing and/or canceling of productions, our annual benefit, and summer camps due to the Coronavirus have had a significant impact on our revenue stream. We anticipate a loss of at least $25,000 to our organization over the next several months. If you find yourself in a position to help, now is the time to support Heights Youth Theatre. Gifts of any size make a huge difference. Please consider helping us during these unprecedented times. #HelpTodayForTomorrow'sFuture