During this season of giving, consider a donation to HYT!
Donations from our families, alumni, and friends enable us to continue bringing inspiring youth theater to our community and training our next generation of performers and compassionate leaders.
While our programming has gone virtual, we will strive in the upcoming to continue to provide opportunities for our youth to engage with each other in learning and creating.
Please stay tuned for upcoming events.
Why should I donate to HYT?
Because each show costs about $35,000 to produce and we continue to strive to make this an affordable creative outlet for our young people.
At HYT, the young people are directed by dedicated, talented theater professionals in a an environment that fosters character development, increased empathy, and an inclusive community for young people. Furthermore, young people are exposed to the fundamentals of stagecraft as they learn the art of performance, community, compassion, and teamwork.
Impact COVID-19 had on Heights Youth Theatre
As 2020 comes to a close we wanted to take a moment to thank you for your continued support of Heights Youth Theatre in these difficult times. This season has looked different than any in our 65+ years history and we are grateful to all of our friends and family who joined us, experimented with us, and supported us over this past year.
65+ Years and Counting!
For over sixty-five years, we have broadened our educational outreach, expanded our performance partners/sponsors, and accomplished a great deal including:
- Produced close to 200 musicals with participation from over 8,000 children.
- Partnered with area schools including Cleveland Heights-University Heights Schools, Hawken School, and Laurel School, collaborated with local organizations/businesses like BottleHouse Brewery, Cain Park, Nighttown, and PlayhouseSquare and engaged new sponsors such as Susan Delaney (Howard Hanna), WKYC Studios, Woodland Design Company, and Robert Zimmer (Keller Williams) to name a few.
Each Season takes a village!
- Each show we cast roughly 65 students representing a variety of communities in Greater Cleveland.
- We employ over 25 professional directors, musicians, designers, and stage managers each season!
- Over 90% of our technical crews are students guided by our team of professional stage managers and designers.
- Over 2500 patrons walk through our doors each season.